May 29, 2008

Cracker Jack

Cracker Jack prizes have apparently gotten more lame than ever. I just bought a bag that contained a paper pencil decoration with a cartoon picture of insects. That is so much more lame than something like a sticker or a miniature baseball card. Just a piece of paper with two slits for a pencil to slide through. I'm glad I didn't buy the stuff for the prize. I was just eating it until I found a piece of paper in the bag and remembered the whole prize gimmick. I wonder if you can still buy Cracker Jack in boxes.

What I really like are the names of other caramel-covered popcorn snacks: Crunch 'n' Munch, Fiddle Faddle, and Poppycock. It takes creative genius to name a snack. When you eat something with a name like Fiddle Faddle, it feels like you are being funny and mischievous.

No comments: